Welcome to my internet website. I am an illustrator and programmer currently living in Toronto, ON, where the local time is 06:07pm.
Feel free to get in touch: email@example.com
Since 2007 I've illustrated all sorts of things for all sorts of things. Mostly editorial, but not limited to. Some past clients include:
New York Times, WIRED, the Walrus, The Hollywood Reporter, UD&SE, The New Republic, Euroman DK, Reader's Digest, INC magazine, Runner's World, Transworld Snowboarding, Quill and Quire, Owl, Chickadee, the Globe and Mail, Canadian Business, MoneySense, Avenue Edmonton, l'actualité, Explore, Swerve, FFWD, Eye Weekly, Vue Weekly ...
Landyachtz Longboards, Sled Island Music Festival,Y&R Beijing, DDB, ATB Financial, RED the Agency, Slack, Lukes Drug Mart, Farrow Sandwiches ...
I've illustrated some books, mostly for the kids.
- Night Magic, Lisa Deretesti Betik. Kids Can Press, coming soon (2020)
- Ira Crumb Feels the Feelings, Naseem Hrab. Owlkids, 2018
- The Space Adventurer's Guide, Peter McMahon. Kids Can Press, 2018
- Innovation Nation, David Johnston and Tom Jenkins. Tundra Books, 2017
- Ira Crumb Makes a Pretty Good Friend, Naseem Hrab. Owlkids, 2017
- Liam Takes a Stand, Troy Wilson. Owlkids, 2017
- The Beginner's Guide to Immortality, Maria Birmingham. Owlkids, 2015
- It's Catching, Jennifer Gardy. Owlkids, 2014
I love creating interactive things with code; from game/app development to weird generative stuff. I'm currently pursuing my masters in computer science over at the University of Toronto. Some languages and tools that I have experience with:
Java, Kotlin, the web trio, C/C++, C#, libGDX, Processing, p5.js, openFrameworks, Unity, etc.
Awards and stuff
- Norma Fleck Award finalist for A Beginner's Guide to Immortality, 2017
- American Illustration 34, Chosen
- American Illustration 29, Chosen
- American Illustration 28, Selected
- Alberta Magazine Awards 2012, Silver
- RAIC Urban Design Award for Transition
- Edmonton Urban Design Award, 2011
- (beginning fall 2019) MSc. in Computer Science, University of Toronto
- Certificate in Computer Programming Applications, Ryerson University, 2018
- Bachelor of Fine Arts, Alberta College of Art and Design, 2007
- New York Studio Program, Fall 2006
- Fine Arts Program, Grande Prairie Regional College, 2004